Saturday, January 12, 2013

Vintage Vault - Revlon Diamonds Are Forever

Today's polish is from a James Bond collection, but it's not an OPI, it's a Revlon.

Revlon launched the 007 Color Collection in Autumn 2002, so they were a whole decade ahead of OPI when it comes to James Bond tie-in's. The Revlon collection was launched at the same time as the Die Another Day film and there were two polishes inspired by the two main female characters Jinx (Berry Avenger) and Miranda (Mission Mauve), as well as four named after previous Bond films which were Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, From Russia With Love, and Diamonds Are Forever.

I've got Diamonds Are Forever and Berry Avenger, and Dana from Polished Claws Up has got a bottle of Goldeneye waiting for me, but I really want to get the rest of the collection even though I've no idea what they look like. :-)

So are you ready to see Diamonds Are Forever, it's quite pretty you know...

Revlon Diamonds Are Forever Nail Polish Swatch


Revlon Diamonds Are Forever Nail Polish Swatch

Revlon Diamonds Are Forever Nail Polish Swatch

Diamonds Are Forever, is a beautiful silver that is unlike anything else in my stash, it's like a cross between a foil and glitter, and it's really shiny and sparkly.

I used two coats, it's a funny formula, it's not the normal Revlon runny polish, it almost has a plasticy feel to it, I really can't explain it, it wasn't difficult to work with and it had the typical drying time for a polish this age.

Well, needless to say this gets a thumbs up from me, what do you think of it, and do you have any from this collection?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love my Berry Avenger, it still occasionally gets an outing. Love this one though, wish I had bought the whole collection way back when :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berry Avenger's lovely, I need to get around to swatching it, I hope you manage to find Diamonds it's so lovely. :-)

      Delete