Monday, January 21, 2013

Barry M - Magnetic Green Sparkle

Hey, I hope you had a good weekend, mine was good and I spent most of it watching the snow come down, we've had so much of it and I've loved watching the local kids having fun having snowball fights and making snowmen.

I've still got super short nubbins so I'm still using stashed swatch photos, but today piccy's are from christmas so not that long a go really. I thought I'd show you one of the Barry M magnetic polishes I got from  for xmas, I got all the glittery ones as I think they look nice both with and without the magnetic effect applied to them.

I'm going to show you Green Sparkle, it's a pretty awesome colour in the bottle, it's a slightly murky green with holo microglitter mixed in, and that's exactly what it's like on the nail if you don't use the magnet, I didn't get a swatch of it like that, but I'll edit this post if I do in the future.

Here are photos of Green Sparkle after using the magnet...

Barry M Magnetic Green Sparkle Nail Polish Swatch


Barry M Magnetic Green Sparkle Nail Polish Swatch

Barry M - Magnetic Green Sparkle Nail Polish Swatch

Barry M - Magnetic Green Sparkle Nail Polish Swatch

This was my first time using a magnetic polish and it was a bit of a learning curve to get it looking okay. I have very curved nails so I did find that the sides of my nails wouldn't get the pattern on them unless I turned my nail or the magnet while I the polish was wet, but this would make the pattern blurry so it was a little frustrating. I also found that no matter how many times I tried I just couldn't get the pattern to show well on my little finger, at least with this polish if the magnet doesn't work first time, just wait a bit and then try again with another coat.

Over all I loved this, it was fun to use and I love that the Barry M magentic polishes all come with different patterened magnets so you can pick the pattern you like, and the magnet is really easy to hold and use (although I did touch my polish a few times at first). I think these are normally £4.99 but if you wait for a 3for2 offer and buy three you can get them for £3.33. :-)

What do you think of the glittery Barry M Magnetics, and if you've got them do you use them as a plain polish as well?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

1 comment: